Mahjong Epic 2
This is a gorgeous widescreen Mahjong game. The tiles are big and clear, the backgrounds are gorgeous and look HD, and I love the music. There are no annoying sound effects, no gimmicky powerup tiles, and no games that are not really Mahjong. If you are looking for a big, gorgeous, real Mahjong game, ignore the negative reviews and try this one.
October 4, 2014
Never Played Epic 1
So I can't tell you if this is vastly improved, I mostly played it to see if i had the same issue as the other reviewer had that could not see the screen at all.
I could see the screen in full, and there was a mac wheel that you could scroll over to get options for things like shuffling, getting a hint, quit, changing the board, etc.
What I liked: - There were a large number of tiles compared to other Majong games I've played (and right off the bat, i didn't have to wait to get to level 20 before it became challenging).
- You could get up to 3 stars per level.
- The game kept track of my time (but I didn't play long enough to see if it would let me try to beat my previous time on a board).
- You could choose the board you wanted to play.
What i didn't like: - I just found the game boring compared to other Mahjong games ive played that have power ups and bonuses for quick finds. This was just a standard Mahjong perhaps old school game.
- Graphics were uninteresting, dull.
- While the game did tell you when you were out of moves, you had to either shuffle (which means you'd only get 1 star) or roll back your tile selections.
- The sound was putting me to sleep.
Overall, I would not suggest this game because I'm more used to Mahjong games that offer a lot of interaction and great graphics. However, I did find this game challenging so if you're just looking for a standard Mahjong game without a lot of the "bling" you may find this game rewarding.
January 9, 2014
Mahjong disappointing? very?
1) The game is positioned automatically in widescreen. Unfortunately the frame is bad and texts are cut at right and left, making access very difficult to item
2) you cannot change the screen resolution... or perhaps I can not see the box because it is out of screen??
January 1, 2014