Merv Griffin's Crosswords
Best game ever
very addicting !!! I cant get enough
August 5, 2013
Crossword Gameshow Succeeds
- Well, it's a crossword puzzle in a gameshow format: pretty awesome.
- Keeps track of your winnings to unlock different modes.
- Very faced paced.
- Decent graphics and sound.
- Round 1 frustrating as you get penalized for incorrect answers although there could be more than one correct answer with the certain number of letters.
- Very short on time to think of the answer. Not recommended if you are slow on the keyboard!
- No trial and error- you lose money for any incorrect answer.
A NOTE ON THE BRIT'S 1-STAR REVIEW: Very unfair! Yes, it has American cities. No, I did not know the capital of Kentucky. Big deal! Just pass on those questions. No need to give this game 1 star just because of that ONE thing.
March 9, 2012
Fun Crosswords for Americans
The previous review is true, this game is designed for an American (or someone very familiar with American cities). If you like crosswords this is a fun game. This is not doing the New York Times crosswords - definitely easier - but still satisfying. The timer adds an element of suspense so I personally am glad the clues are relatively easy! :)
December 22, 2011
Only for beginners
This game is so easy that only someone very new to crosswords will enjoy it. The clues and answers are similar to the content of those newsprint flimsy books you buy at the drugstore. I thought that I would be playing against an "opponent" but no such luck!
Try it before you buy it - If you are new to crosswords you may like it.
September 23, 2012
only for Americans?
As a Brit I'm not familiar with place names in Arizona ... I played for 5 minutes and came up against two different questions asking for places in Arizona.
Gave up and uninstalled after the second one.
December 16, 2011