Not for me!
Tried and tried to get into the game but found it boring, clueless, and repetitive, just my opinion. It's really not for me.
July 7, 2012
Not my choice
After two hours of playing the game, I was not only very frustrated, but bored beyond description. My personal opinion, I wasted not only my time, but my money as well. Bear in mind though, that is just my opinion, others may like it a lot.
January 9, 2012
I guess this game is ok for those that don't mind having to play for a long time to get anywhere. Since you can not skip dialog and it takes time for the talking to finish before you can move forward, it gets boring quickly. Even with the dialog, it is difficult to understand what you need to do next. This game needs a walk through or at least some hints what you need to do, since I can not seem to get off the beach.
August 7, 2013
Excruciatingly Bad Game
Let me start by saying that I tried to play this game on expert, as I usually do. The timing and the horrific repetition, made me switch to normal play. Even then, I played it all the way through, so it's not that I didn't give it a chance.
It has a good storyline, although the family in the story is the most dysfunctional one I've ever seen.
Some of the elements that ruined it for me were as follows:
* The characters had poor motion, and mouths didn't move when they spoke, although almost everything else did.
* The women were grossly over-endowed and exaggerated.
* The detective's wife called him incessantly whining and nagging him to come home, not caring that he was in the middle of a category 4 storm on a sinking island. She kept complaining that she was waiting at a restaurant where the reservations were hard to get, and every time she called, he had to go back to his room to speak to her... which was annoying, too. You'd have to travel back to wherever you were when her call came to resume the investigation.
* The script was repetitive ad nauseum, he asked each character the same questions in the same words. With 12 possible suspects it got old REALLY fast!
* The tower set-up was also annoying as were the number of pages between scenes. In the tower, there was one set of stairs and elevator that went to the 18th floor, and then you had to change to another set of stairs or elevator to the 22nd floor, across the building. It was a lot of work for nothing.
* This storm was supposed to be a killer storm, and characters were sitting on the beach, out on a 19th floor heliport platform and in a garden, all in thunder, lightning and rain.... DUH!
All in all, the story was OK, and the culprit was not immediately discernible, but the game was just too annoying to be fun.
October 19, 2012
I can't believe they still make these types of games
I don't usually play this type of game because you have to be in the right mood for it. That being said, it was not the long dialogues that bothered me, it was the sloooooooooooooow movement of the game that finally did me in and made me uninstall it. To get from point A to point B you have to go through 3 to 5 useless screens - and if that wasn't bad enough, you have to watch the character walk slowly across the screen before you can get to the next useless screen. Such a waste; the storyline was somewhat interesting but the old-fashioned graphics and slow "real-time" movements across the island killed my enthusiasm.
July 16, 2012
Play FarmVille, It's More Exciting!
I have never seen a game with so many screens where all you do is walk from one side to the other and then enter another screen through which you walk. When there is something to do, it's click, click, click... no thought. When the characters talk, their mouths don't move. Unnerving.
January 29, 2012
Not for me
I got this game and just did not like it. I tried to get into it, just couldn't. Gave it two days then uninstalled it.
November 14, 2011
Sinking Island should already be sunk!
This game is horrible. Very boring and way to slow. Kinda like watching paint dry. The controls are awkward, the storyline is decent but lacks the software to go with it.
September 3, 2012