World of Zellians
Could have been better
I got halfway through the game and stopped. It was frustrating that the buildings could not be turned to make it fit better. In many ways it was fun, but missed having a challenge of a timeline to get things done.
May 3, 2012
There were so many high star reviews that I didn't "try" this game first, which was a mistake for me.
This game offered no challenge whatsoever for me. It certainly would be good if you're looking for a very laid back simple game.
February 28, 2012
Simple Building game - Relaxed, no timer, chilled out
If you just want to build things, chill out, not stress about time and restarting levels - then this will fit the bill.
Travel 9 themed kingdoms and deal with the disputes and challenges in each one.
For an intermediate player, the 45 levels took me about 12 hours of play. Different levels require different special buildings to be put up, and you face challenges such as fires, thieves, and crazy mad men tearing the place apart. No difficulty settings to change, and very easy to get to grips with as a game.
- Nice scripts for the characters, giving some colour to the game e.g. bossy, wimpy, jealous, greedy, lazy - all covered!
- If you want to change strategy, you don't have to restart, just demolish and build, or build and demolish, in order to move buildings about to achieve objectives.
- Money and materials are not really that challenging to get, even if you are being robbed. It is a really relaxed game.
- Simple clear graphics, screen size does not go full screen on my laptop but graphics so clear it was fine.
- Repetitive music but not too intrusive (useful to keep sound on to hear when something is happening)
- Simplicity (but that is also it's pro!)
- I'd have liked something to add an extra challenge to the game, some sort of difficulty setting or timer. There was just a little extra missing for me (I think I must just like a bit of stress!)
All in all a great game, especially for beginners, or those who just want a chilled out time building things with no stressing. Definitely a nice newbie game.
October 10, 2014
I tried but...
This is a great game if you don't like the typical TM genre. However if you do, this game is a giant pain in the rear. I love getting things done logically in a specific amount of time. This on the other hand, was like a more aggravating form of Tetris. If you got to the last required building and you had no where to put it, you were forced to remove tons of buildings and rearrange them in order to make it fit. Which is made difficult by the fact that some buildings need others, so if you delete one, you can't erect the other.
The storyline is fun and comical! And I tried, but I couldn't finish the game. I deleted it and moved on to my tried and true TM games.
August 12, 2013