fun tm game
just bought this game and could not stop playing it till I finished it. Now going through trying to get expert on all levels
November 14, 2011
Posh Boutique Review - Spoiler Free
I really enjoyed this game - it's fun, it's cute - I just liked it.
There are 6 levels made up of 7 days each. Regardless of that it still felt that the gameplay wasn't long enough. Fortunately it will be just as fun the next time I play it.
A few things though...
- Your character's name is Alicia. Other characters will verbally call you by this name. (I often wonder what it's like for a guy that plays these games.)
- There is no way to replay a level for a higher score. If you're going for a perfect score and you don't make it, there is absolutely no way to try it again.
- If you've already got a game going and you click "play" it will give you the option to start a new game or to load up the one you're working on. Be Careful - it's waaayy too easy to click the wrong thing and end up starting a whole new game while at the same time deleting the one you had been playng.
All that said - would I buy it again? Yeah, I probably would. I just wish it felt longer.
**Always a spoiler-free review. Always. **
July 7, 2013
Fun game! but as I say often, with most time management games, it's short and the graphics are not much to look at. That's typical, so not really much of a minus.
The things that I don't like are:
- each time you go to a new store you have to start over with the basic equipment and no money from your previous stages.
- You can't go back to previous cities to redo the games that you missed expert on. You have to start the whole game all over again.
November 25, 2011
Great 'Simple' Game
It's actual better than it's sequel, which wasn't much of an improvement at all. The upgrades are good and the challenge level is decent. There's a nice story as well and the voice acting doesn't make you cringe.
August 8, 2013
It's fun...And I like the cruiser part best.
April 23, 2014
This game is fun enough, but be warned...no matter how far into the game you are, if you accidentally hit the "new game" button, there is no "are you sure" prompt and you WILL have to start all over! I have done this twice trying to replay the level to achieve and expert score. :(
November 20, 2011
Even if you meet the expert goal on every level of a location, you still won't have every upgrade by the end of that location, and once you go to the next, it resets all of your upgrades.
Since you can't go back and redo particular levels without resetting your entire game, it makes your effort to get those upgrades feel a bit wasted.
Had they even added a few more levels to each location, it would have felt a lot more rewarding. Overall, I played through the majority of the demo hour, but I felt no desire to actually make the purchase on this one.
July 29, 2012