Robin's Quest: A Legend Born
there is only one robin
and he is NOT a woman - simply dislike the game
July 15, 2012
So much fun!
I have played a ton of HOG's. This was a fun change-up from the normal HOG's. I recommend it for a change. It's not dark and you earn skills. Fun!!
April 1, 2013
Nottingham, but not as you know it... Good casual HOPA
Light, bright, HOPA with good pace and story.
Straightforward linear game. It "does what it says on the tin" and does it _very_ well, without pretension. The well paced story line and characters compellingly draw you into the game.
Run around Nottingham Market and surrounding areas as Mrs Robin Hood, who has escaped from Nottingham Castle. Gather up the Merry Men, so as to make use of their various attributes of strength, persuasion, etc.. in order to return to the Castle, save your husband still trapped in there, and bring King John to account!
- Really well drawn scenery and characters and feel to the game
- Excellent market and scene sounds and music, which was not distracting, and added to the atmosphere of the game.
- Not particularly bright guards, with funny accents and utter drivel coming out of their mouths. Most amusing. I'd never make it out of the castle from listening in to them.
- 'All clear' marking at the top of the screen if you have completed all actions in an area
- I liked the cleverly weaved in'find the wanted posters' aspect of the game
- Take a break from questing by taking part in archery contests, and give your eyes a break from HO.
- Decent mix of puzzles and HO in the game
- I loved that you collect fireflies in a jar (upto 5 can be held at a time) and these are your hints. Sometimes when you are weary of HOs and just want to get on with the story, this means you can 'hint hint hint hint hint' without having to wait a long time for a hint refresh.
Or things that I think may be perceived as negatives, but didn't bother me
- Might be too much hand-holding and guidance for players looking for something more hardcore. e.g. maybe you don't want to know when an area has been cleared. This is definitely a casual playing game.
- A female Robin hood (not a spoiler). I don't know why some people are taking offense at the female RH angle. She is not meant to be the male RH of film and legend - that gets explained.
- Perceived short duration. In advanced mode it took me about 4.5 hours to play casually. There are some reviews saying it is a short game. For me this duration felt fine, I felt I got my money's worth. I've spend credits on shorter games than this before.
- Game play too easy. It is pretty easy, but if you want a casual fun game, then this fits that niche. Certainly due to simplicity I cannot give the game a 5.
Summary: A solid light and entertaining HOPA for casual play. Well written, drawn, and put together. Ideal for a lovely lazy Sunday afternoon of fun and frolicks.
Cheers to the Creators!
April 1, 2013
LOVED this Game!!
Yes, this game was on the easier side but that's exactly what I needed, something light and enjoyable. I love the Robin Hood stories and was happy to lose myself in this world whenever I needed to relax. The story was good, the music was Great! Very soothing lute playing through most hidden picture scenes. The character animation was on the remedial side but it didn't matter, background scenes were beautiful. Puzzles were fun, the use of a bow and fire arrow was pretty cool too :) Loved this one, would definitely recommend for a lighter good time
January 28, 2013
Very enjoyable, laid back game.
The storyline was enjoyable and the artwork was cute. This is a nice change from the usual gloomy, scary HOGS. I liked that when an area was cleared of items and special side items, as sign came down to show this. HOGS were clear but had some challenge.
January 20, 2013
This game was very fun but not very challenging. I still loved it :-)
October 21, 2012
very nice to play, but first of all the quality of graphics is really excellent
October 7, 2012
Spoiler Free - Robin's Quest: Legend Born
I am absolutely loving this game. I played the demo for about 1/2 hour and had to force myself to quit so I could come write the review before I forgot to do it.
You know the story, Robin Hood, a band of friends, doing stuff together. You get to use the attributes of your Merry Men as you travel through the game - of course you have to meet them first. You work your way through the game by doing different quests so it's not a game that takes forever to feel like you've actually made progress.
I am really loving this game and will definitely be buying.
October 6, 2012
There are very few games that I play and would happily restart straight after completion - but this is one of them! The graphics, storyline and enjoyment factor, for me, is top notch. Highly recommended in my opinion!
October 5, 2012
I really enjoyed this game. I thought it was a nice change of pace.
September 3, 2012