Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition
Very Very Boring Game
Extremely Surprised to see how Highly rated this game is..
Waay Too Many HO scenes
April 5, 2013
haunted halls green hills sanitarium
I love this game I play it over and over plus I also have the other two games that are the continuation of this game
March 19, 2013
A solid and interesting game
I've played this game twice already and I really liked it both times. Its an interesting take in HOGs storylines because you have to help the patients of the Sanitarium with their fears.
Here are the pros:
- Nice, clean visuals, pleasant to look at;
- The music didn't annoy me (which is saying much, considering its from ERS Studio...);
- It felt great to help the patients with their fears and it was fun, too;
- Considering the insight they give you on their patients and the way the story was built, I felt compassionate for them (my favorite was the one in the stamp room) ;
- I thought that the addition of the "Medical Charts" was really nice and you could learn more about the people you were helping;
- For once, the hidden objects scenes on this game didn't bothered me. There was a significant amount of them, but I played them just fine and it was really easy to spot the items;
- The storyline was well achieved and I actually liked the main character (the one we play as);
- This game was actually creepy at times!;
- The main game was really long, but it was worth it;
- The bonus chapter was just the right length, not short at all and you got to finally know who was that boy who had been following you around;
- Just one. I felt that every single time I clicked on a close-up of any area, a new entry would be added to the "Notes". I felt frustrated with this because there were a lot of entries that were useless and there were way too many of them;
Overall, "Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium" was a great and solid game, and although I liked it a lot, it brings nothing new or worthwhile to the genre. And that's why I think its easily forgettable.
March 5, 2013
Psychological thriller worth the cliche
Psychological thriller is a term we hear to describe countless movies and games. Its basically means that said game/movie has something to do with insanity and is generally creepy/scary/thrilling/whatever. Haunted halls is psychological thriller. And its a great one. The game is good and has the perfect difficulty, challenging but not so hard you constantly walk around wondering what on earth your supposed to be doing. The storyline is good, if you'll excuse the cliche of a boyfriend being held captive by an evil psychiatrist/doctor. Bravo
January 27, 2013
An Eerily Haunting Great Game
The Idea behind looking around a haunted Sanitarium delighted me straight away, the story progression is great, as everything about the game, the end sequence left me wanting more...
So I'm really looking forward to playing the next Haunted Hills Game...
November 19, 2012
I loved this game!
I really loved playing this game, loved the storyline where I'm the girlfriend trying to save her boyfriend from a monster crazy scientist! I very much liked the scenes, puzzles, HOS's, etc. I'll probably buy the sequel, as well.
November 4, 2012
An OK HOG, but a bit boring
This was a rather run-of-the-mill HOG which was reasonably fun to play despite not being imaginative or fresh. One HOS did have stamps with hidden items which were part of the stamp or just hidden among them. Otherwise most of the HOS were OK. Toward the end a couple fell into the tiny item hidden in a black area where it could not been seen even using the hint. One of particular note was the red pit with the skull wearing a pirate hat. I?d advise random clicking as the best way to get half way done and then use the hint extensively. Most of the items will be invisible even when ?found? by the hint. Probably 85% of the HOS items are visible taking all of the HOS together. The puzzles were mainly long and boring affairs which were best skipped. They were not really hard, just boring. Overall, this was about an average HOG which showed some problems near the end where the team putting it together must have been quite rushed; it showed. Although this was a CE, I erased the game without playing the extras. I was bored with the game.
October 3, 2012
Good creepy game if you are under 16yrs old.
This game was not very creepy. The visuals and audio were nothing to scream about.
A lot of HOG and back and forth in this game. Some of the items that I accumulated I needed to use but had no clue how (some made no logical/common sense to me) and I had a hard time figuring out what I had to do next or where I needed to go. The patients had no voices which was ok with me since I?m not a big fan of the voice over?s. I didn?t understand why when you helped the patients they stayed in their rooms and didn?t leave the Sanitarium? I would have booked it out of that crazy place. Overall the game was ?okay? and if you are a young kid you will enjoy this game. I would also like to note getting the SE is all you need. CE is a waste of monies imo.
September 15, 2012
LOVE this game!
I love this type of HO game! Creepy and fun, good graphics, good story...it just doesn't get any better than this! I hope they make more of this type of game, I will buy every last one!
August 29, 2012
this was such a good game I brought it immediately after the trial. Scary and fun!
July 31, 2012