How To Submit An Article To Big Fish Games
Would you like to get your work in front of millions of eyes? Are you a gamer, game enthusiast or just a creative professional trying to build up your portfolio? If any of these attributes apply to you, then let me ask you another question: Want to write an article, make an infographic or create a short video skit for Big Fish Games? Still yes? Great! We want good stories from you to post on our blog.
Who We Are:
Big Fish is one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. We have titles on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android. This means we like content about games – especially when it relates to real life. Stories that make us laugh and tales that inspire us. Fiction that makes us think and nonfiction that is just plain interesting. We want content about the gaming industry and new perspectives on tech advancements. We want entertaining content – humor and news – that relates to all gamers and their lifestyles – casual or hardcore. We want game reviews, how-to guides and DIY content related to gaming.
What do you have to do?
- Submit a pitch to our editors using our submission form explaining the article, infographic, or video skit. Please also include the title of the creative piece.
- It should be a one to two sentence pitch with a catchy headline.
- Please include your name, contact details and links to previous works and/or a description of your prior experience with creating content – i.e. video/visual/prose.
- Anything you submit must be 100% made by you and not include anything else from existing artwork, people, builds, brands, or other protected material, or include profanity or lewd material.
- By submitting your pitch you agree to our terms and conditions listed below.
What happens next?
If we like the concept, one of our editors will reach out to you with a contract for publication, and then work with you after you’ve completed the creative piece to get it up on our blog. Then you’ll get paid.
Please keep in mind, due to the number of submissions we receive, we cannot reply to everyone. Please also be aware, that we have complete discretion as to whether we will accept your submission.
Submission Payment Structure
There will be some monetary reward for your work but that will be based on the project – i.e. type of content and concept, which will be included in the contract for publication.
Terms and Conditions of Submission Program
1. The Big Fish Blog Submission Program. This Blog Submission Program Agreement (hereafter, the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of submissions to the Big Fish Blog (the “Blog Submission Program”). By making a submission to the Blog Submission Program (a “Blog Submission”), you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. Big Fish Property. “Big Fish Property” constitutes all rights, including intellectual property rights in the interactive games produced by Big Fish Games, Inc. (“Big Fish”), a Washington corporation, including, but not limited to the interactive products developed as part of Big Fish’s Lifeline interactive product lines. This may include any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual effects, storylines, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation, all of which are owned or licensed by Big Fish, and are protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and conventions, and other laws.
3. License. Big Fish grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, world-wide, royalty free, limited license to use the Big Fish Property solely in connection with your Blog Submission.
4. Representations and Warranties. With respect to the Blog Submissions, you hereby warrant that: (a) you are 18 years of age or older; (b) you own all right, title and interest in the Blog Submissions, other than any Big Fish Property; and (d) the use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or transmission of the Blog Submissions will not violate any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation, or any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, music, image, or other proprietary, property, or contractual right, or constitute false advertising, unfair competition, defamation, invasion of privacy or rights to celebrity, or any other right of any person or entity.
5. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Big Fish harmless from any claims, demands, allegations, suits, actions, liabilities, damages, costs or fees of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from any breach of your representations and warranties in this Agreement.
6. Similar Content. You irrevocably waive any legal claim you may have under any theory of law in any territory, including, without limitation, copyright infringement or breach of implied contract, that your rights were infringed due to any similarity between the Blog Submissions and any other content that is or may become available through Big Fish, unless there is substantial similarity of protectable expression under United States copyright law between your Blog Submission and the other content includes a verbatim copy of a material portion of your Blog Submission.
7. Consideration. The sole consideration for the license granted under this Agreement by you to Big Fish shall be evaluation of your Blog Submission for potential business opportunities with Big Fish. Big Fish has no obligation to proceed with any Blog Submission. It is agreed by the parties hereto that evaluation of the Blog Submissions constitutes full and complete consideration for the grant of license contained herein. You will receive no compensation in exchange for your Blog Submission.
8. Miscellaneous. The relationship between the parties shall be that of a licensor and a licensee, and neither party shall represent itself as an agent, representative or partner of the other. Big Fish may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause. This Agreement shall be deemed to have been made and executed in the State of Washington and any dispute arising hereunder shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of Washington, U.S.A. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement without the express written consent of Big Fish. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements.
9. Acknowledgement of binding nature of the foregoing terms and conditions. You acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement and that by making a Blog Submission to the Big Fish Blog Submission Program, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.