The Competitive Analyst – Mobile Games will work as part of the strategy and competitive intelligence team to shape the strategic direction for new social gaming applications and provide competitive insights to product managers and development teams that inform new features and functions enhancing the existing application portfolio.
Working closely across multiple stakeholder groups the in depth analysis generated by this role will underpin recommendations in the form of business cases and regular reporting. Detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of the marketplace and the competition will lead to innovative strategies that help the organization create winning games.
- Researches the social games market to understand and aritculate macro level trends that shape the industry
- Defines semgents and regional opportunities for new application development and deployment
- Actively monitors social gaming trends within genres and distills this info for the digital org to facilitate actionable outcomes
- Analyses competitor products and breaks down functional game components to report on “how”, “why” and “on who” features work
- Recommends innovation strategies at an application and functional component level
- Prepares regular market and competitive intelligence reports based on quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Fosters and participates in a service based culture of execution for the SCI team
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes:
- Strong ability to influence peers especially across remote locations
- Experience working with and driving results across multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong team player with collaborative nature
- Demonstrable track record in motivating individual & teams to accomplish goals
- Well-developed commercial acumen with customer focus
- Data-driven decision maker who can develop meaningful conclusions from data
- Deep understanding of social gaming and player psychology
- Strong analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Able to think innovatively
- Able to deal with ambiguity and thrive in dynamic environments
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Focus and dedication to culture of continuous improvement
- Willingness to show and grow passion for videogame industry
Product & Process
- Exceptional communication both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to craft and deliver clear and concise messages to a breadth of audiences from peers to senior executives
- Very process focused with strong attention to detail and ability to establish, embed and maintain effective product and communication processes.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, in specific area , or related field
- Demonstrable skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Requires a minimum of three years of experience in Product Management, Product Analysis and/or Product Marketing in a game development organization
- Preferred experience of three or more years working at a Social Casino or Casino games developer
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs