Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots, and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Self Aware Games (a division of Big Fish Games), creators of the category-leading social casino games Big Fish Casino and Jackpot Magic Slots, is looking for a Product Lead in Oakland, CA. The qualified candidate will serve as the individual product & business owner for a new game being co-developed with a partner team. The Product Lead will contribute substantially to vision & strategy, lead execution, and drive/own business outcomes for an innovative new product. This will entail working effectively with our partner, conducting detailed game & competitive analyses, writing feature spec’s, tuning game systems, structuring & executing A/B tests, and ensuring readiness for launch. The Product Lead will lead a cross-functional team including project managers, data scientists, and game designers as well as recruit & mentor product & CRM managers as the business scales. It is an ideal role for an individual with strong creative & business acumen, excellent relationship management skills, and deep expertise bringing new products to market in the mobile F2P space ready to take the next step in their career.
- Define and bring the core product vision to life. Collaborate effectively with creative, business, engineering, art, and design teams to ensure product requirements are delivered thoughtfully & completely.
- Conceptualize, define, and manage development of new features/systems that enchant & delight users as measured through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Be the business owner and drive excellence in execution across all facets of development, GTM & live operations including product, operational, and commercial readiness. Establish/hit product performance targets and deliver on financial objectives.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts for specific features. Partner with design, BI, and research teams to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations that improve core business KPI’s (first in soft launch, then in WW release).
- Build strong partnerships with Marketing, User Acquisition, Publishing, and central teams that ensure visibility/transparency and delivery on commitments within agreed upon timetables. Identify opportunities to improve practices/processes bringing new products to market & ensuring success.
- Mentor & develop a cadre of PM’s, CRM managers, and business analysts by insisting on highest standards, earning trust, and leading by example.
- Passion for mobile games & the social casino category.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of directly relevant professional experience including new product launches. At least 3 years in a product leadership role at a top mobile games company with a demonstrated track-record of success.
- Exceptional customer/player sensibility and expertise creating product/feature specs (PRD’s) with clear business/player justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames.
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data driven, user-centric design and decision-making. Expertise tuning game systems & virtual economies. Deep understanding of A/B and multivariate testing.
- Strong business acumen combined with P&L management experience for mobile/F2P games including target setting (for financial & non-financial KPI’s), growth modeling, and financial forecasting.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders and presenting to executives.
- BA/BS from a top academic institution.
- Experience in a similar role at a leading social casino company.
- MBA from a top academic institution.
- Advanced Excel and basic SQL proficiency.
- Familiarity with AGILE development practices & environment.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative consumer & usability research.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.