Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Epic Venture Studio is seeking a Senior Game Engineer to join our award-winning team. You will be an integral part of the team, both providing perspective and implementing creative solutions to complex problems on both the server and client. In this role you will have the ability to shape how game systems are made and have input on the processes we use within EVS. You must have a keen technical mind, a passion for system design and architecture, and have a forward thinking approach. In this position you will have a large impact on our technical capabilities, working with a team of enthusiastic and motivated developers.
- Design, implement, maintain game systems in Unity
- Leverage existing backend services to design and implement dynamic game systems as you continue code ownership across EVS projects.
- Support, mentor and help develop expertise in other engineers within Epic Venture Studio.
- Improve studio standards
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, artists, designers and QA to deliver exciting new content and outstanding user experiences
- Develop in an agile environment to deploy performant code to support multiple mobile platforms
- Profile and tune game systems and highly-scalable backends
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years professional experience in Unity
- Proficiency in developing object-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
- Experience with the entire development life-cycle from gathering requirements to launching
- Experience shipping and maintaining mobile social games
- Experience creating complex game systems
- Experience working with backend systems
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk
- B.S. Degree or the equivalent number of years of professional experience
- Sense of aesthetics and attention to detail to create a high quality game
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work without supervision
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- An excellent critical thinker and problem solver, with demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with shipping of free to play mobile games
- Experience with Unity Asset Pipeline
- Experience with optimizing graphics and shaders
- Solid sense of humor, passion for your work and desire to grow yourself and those around you
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.