Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games. Our titles continuously land us at the top of app store charts. We’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its unique style of gameplay. We’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are looking for flexible individuals who have a strategic viewpoint and can grow as we grow our Data Science and Insights team in Seattle. You will work with our data scientists and game data analysts who are dedicated to making our games fun and enjoyable for our players. Your team's analytical capabilities provide valuable insights needed to make business decisions on a variety of topics including user acquisition, segmentation, engagement, monetization, network analysis, churn prediction, campaign analysis, fraud and game analytics. You will interact with our game analytics teams and business stakeholders regularly to understand their strategic goals and enable the team to work on the most valuable analytical problems.
The Data Scientists are responsible for applying a wide variety of statistical and analytical techniques to business problems to glean valuable insights in support of key strategic business initiatives. They apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to data and are comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
- Provide thought leadership on the practical application of machine learning and advanced analytical methods and cultivate a data driven culture across the company
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand business problems and formulate analytical solutions for problem solving
- Construct recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Oversee methodology and problem definition, guide analytic deep dives and problem solving, share learning from projects.
- Translate ambiguous business problems into measurable analytical components.
- Lead or collaborate with a team of data scientists, game data analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects, proving benefits of solutions and helping with execution and measurement.
- Work with cross functional teams to enable the right set of tools and technology to implement end to end solutions.
- Perform statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns.
- Design and implement:
- Online experiments and experimental frameworks, including A/A, A/B, A/B/n and multivariate testing
- End-to-end cloud based machine learning production pipelines
- Scalable and efficient modeling algorithms that can work in production systems
- Write advanced SQL for exploratory analysis, and translate computational solutions/statistical models to implementable code
- Work with unstructured/semi structured data to extract useful analytic measures.
- Mentor junior data analysts and data scientists.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Graduate or Post graduate work in a relevant technical field, or 10+ years of experience in a relevant role.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative and qualitative approaches
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering tough questions with data.
- Demonstrated practical experience in building end to end data science solutions and applying machine learning methods to real world problems.
- Deep understanding of and experience with machine learning models and data analysis approaches.
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, NLP, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, graph algorithms.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Solid data structures & algorithms background.
- Exceptional technical skills:
- Strong programming skills in at least one language such as Python, Java, Scala or R.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
- Experience working with semi structured data/unstructured data and turning them into actionable insights
- Experience using visualization techniques to record and communicate findings
- Experience in strategies for experimental analytics in complex scenarios.
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, HDFS) a big plus!
- Experience in GCP, AWS, Azure or other cloud ecosystems.
- Published work in academic conferences or journals.
- Driven by curiosity and have a desire to go beneath the surface of a problem to ask the right business questions and identify potential answers that can be tested and proven
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 700 employees across our Seattle headquarters and Oakland studio, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!