Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
We're looking for you, a curious Business Analyst who is passionate about fraud and finding trends and interesting anomalies in data. As the Business Analyst, you will work to perform daily duties that include weekly/monthly reporting to manage and maximize business profitability, solving business problems by extracting and analyzing data and reporting of fraud activity relating to several Big Fish Games products.
- Provides management with weekly and monthly reporting to manage and maximize business profitability while maintaining open communications with management, creating and updating routine reporting, and providing summary recaps along with key findings.
- Communicate and share recommendations and relevant information with management; and iterate analyses based on different business scenarios or assumptions.
- Apply advanced SQL skills (writing high quality code) to solve business problems by extracting and analyzing data, and troubleshooting reporting or database issues
- Designs and performs complex analysis to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns; generating results using new or existing tools (for example, MySQL, Aginity/Netezza, Excel, function-specific tools)
- Develops analytic tools for management and assists in report development and design.
- Analyzes monthly variances and creates variance reporting for management.
- Assist in documenting and/or reviewing and updating existing business procedures.
- Assists with routine and ad-hoc projects, providing timely and accurate analysis and/or reporting from various data sources.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, objectives, and applicable government laws and regulations
- Participate in special projects or as back up support as assigned by management.
- Supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Work is very detailed and requires a high level of accuracy
- Must have paramount problem solving and collaborative abilities
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills - SQL experience working with Aginity/Netezza a plus
- Must be flexible and comfortable in an extremely fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and a strong self-starter
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an environment with daily changes
- Ability to be self-motivated and quickly learn new procedures
- Must be able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Must be proactive in identifying potential concerns
- Advanced data validation and troubleshooting skills
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.