COME PLAY!Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games. Our titles continuously land us at the top of app store charts. We’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its unique style of gameplay. We’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for designing, maintaining, supporting and evaluating networks for Big Fish. In this role, you will be directly responsible for Big Fish’s globally distributed networks, in concert with our systems administrators.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a progressive and sometimes unconventional network engineering team. The team solves business problems in a reliable and scalable way, automating as much as they can along the way. The candidate will enjoy this small collaborative team but also work individually on business or operations projects, seeing them through to completion. The candidate will be expected to impart technical recommendations where needed and be expected to contribute to the team's overall technical competency.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Contributes to short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements
- Facilitates efforts to establish and review network architecture, standards, and best practices for network design and implementation
- Analyzes and provides solutions for capacity issues
- Executes regularly planned maintenance and testing activities. Ensures network infrastructure is fully compliant with security guidelines.
- Develops and executes infrastructure automation tasks via Ansible, Python and other frameworks as needed
- Stays current on network and security technology by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Monitors network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Identifies issues with network management tools
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors
- Reports network operational status by gathering and prioritizing data
- Provides Tier III escalation support of network service incidents to diagnose problems and resolve time-critical issues
- Take part in 24-7 on call rotation
- Gather data to support root cause investigation of outages
- Documents architectures, processes, as-built, projects, standards, and root cause analyses both in text and diagram form
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of installation standards and procedures
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes
- Manages projects under supervision
- 6+ year's of experience as a Network Engineer
- Fundamental routing knowledge, including BGP and OSPF
- Experience in creatively solving business needs and problems
- Strong networking skills; in-depth knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Experience with Load Balancers (F5 Bigip is a plus)
- Ability to capture, read and diagnose IP packet captures in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in network design, provisioning, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and write scripts in Python, Ruby or Bash
- Must be a self starter and able to perform in a quickly changing environment
- Excellent technology analysis, communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Ability to interface with and manage vendor relationships
- Willingness to work in a culture of change management
- Willingness to work on a small and creative team that enjoys a cooperative and collaborative environment
- Drive and willingness to innovate automation at the network layer
- Design, implementation and maintaince of Cisco ACI
- Experience with F5 BigIP: LTM, AVR, ASM, GTM, ScaleN and DDOS mitigation architectures
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 700 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!