Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
The Senior User Experience Designer has an exceptional understanding of technology, business goals, cognitive psychology, and design. Their main task is to collaborate with the research team to conduct user research, interviews, surveys, and then use gathered information to create information architecture, user flows, experience maps, wireframes, and prototypes. This role should be able to work with minimal supervision, mentor junior UX designers, and be comfortable working on multiple projects.
- Understand user behavior and motivations: use qualitative and quantitative research methods such as contextual inquiry, surveys, A/B testing, and experimental design in collaboration with the research team to gain deep user insights
- Define problems and opportunities: combine analysis of users with business needs to form stories and plan user-centered design solutions
- Design solutions: strategy, sketches, mind maps, flow charts, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes while iterating based on data from research- know when different UX methods are appropriate given scope
- Iterate based on validated learnings: create appropriate additional UX assets that are easily understandable for your internal users (your team and stakeholders)- know when documentation is needed and when it is not
- Collaborate with teammates: (game designers, art leads, product managers, producers, engineers, and QA) to scope features, tune existing features, help define UI, and craft the overall user experience- knows how to identify key stakeholders and create buy-in
- Prepare production files, documentation, and specs for UI designers and developers while knowing when detailed documentation is needed and when it is not
- Assist, lend expertise, mentor, and possibly direct junior UX designers
- Push UX boundaries: explore the latest emerging trends through independent research and share that information with your team and fellow UX designers
- Drive awareness: advocate the importance of human-computer interaction challenges and opportunities, user feedback, UX strategy, experience mapping, and data-driven decisions in designing the end-to-end user experience within the studios
- Passion for user-centered design and with a fascination for understanding the human experience
- Expert at translating business and user requirements as well as goals into design
- Knowledge of UX strategy work and product vision
- Knowledge of prototypes, wireframe production, process flows, journey mapping, personas, and information architecture
- Able to demonstrate qualitative and quantitative based decision making
- Able to demonstrate excellent understanding of game navigation and common UI patterns as they relate to engagement and monetization in the mobile space
- Continuously learning, constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows and foster open communication
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility (and a healthy dose of humor)
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Fascinated by games, especially mobile free to play, and the ways in which this growing genre continues to change and evolve
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience and knowledge creating games, websites, apps, and interactive spaces, or apps with minimal supervision
- Experience working on in-production as well as live titles, having shipped at least 2 products
- Experience training, mentoring, managing other designers, and building highly functional teams
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.