Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are seeking a mid-level Game Designer to join our team, collaborate on existing projects, and help us design exciting new mobile Free-To-Play games. You will guide content and feature development as a key stakeholder; from providing mechanic design to game/economy balance and polish targets. You will be directly responsible for our audience having a great time, and will interact with passionate people across the studio, including internal and external development teams.
- Provide design direction of both features and new casino titles with clear documentation of feature specifications
- Creating the math models and tuning for new casino titles for F2P players
- Strong ability to deconstruct games, analyze the core drivers of these games, and reconstruct in a way that is valuable to their products
- Guide art development for features and systems, providing visual targets and feedback to art and UI teams to meet design goals
- Provide feedback regarding prioritization of game features and bug fixes
- Direct game analysts for tuning needs and feature assessments; use data to guide feature creation, prioritization, and development
- Partner with external authors to ensure product meets design standards, as a subject matter expert
- Work closely with fellow game designers, product managers, producers, artists, and engineers
- Analyze features post-release to measure the success or not of a feature/game
- Working with offsite teams as a design resource and consult
- 2+ years of professional game design experience ideally with a focus on F2P and/or mobile
- Experience with all phases of development from pre-production to post-launch
- Demonstrated ability to balance gameplay mechanics and game economies
- Strong math, statistics, and excel skills
- Strong game deconstruction and product feedback skills
- 1+ shipped casino title and live operations / campaign support
- Passionate about your work and excited about finding the creative middle ground between players and the business
- Experienced in systems/math design for games in Excel and/or Google Spreadsheet
- Used to iterating on designs to create the best experience possible for players
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- A collaborative teammate with a desire to grow yourself and those around you
- Highly detailed with a keen eye for visual polish
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.