Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are looking for an experienced Game Data Analyst to support our studio. Are you are passionate about working with data, and driven to produce actionable insights from detailed reporting and analysis? Are you able to apply a breadth of data extraction, manipulation, and analysis techniques to provide guidance and meet business need? We're looking for a teammate who can answer a wide range of business questions rapidly and accurately, and effectively communicate technical reports to non-technical audiences, both at the detail level and at a senior executive view. Additionally, you will help those same audiences turn business needs into technical specifications for the reports and analysis – helping engineers and designers find the “fun” in games, while developing new metrics for our executives. Your responsibilities will include data integrity and verification, reporting, business analysis, and data visualization development.
- You will work closely with business and product leads, driving investigations and reporting to support timely and accurate decisions
- You will apply statistical analysis for ad hoc projects to enable deep dives into game data and player insights
- You will develop insights from your analysis to make recommendations on key business strategies
- You will write advanced SQL to translate arithmetic solutions/statistical models to implementable code
- You will utilize SQL for exploratory analysis, and use visualization techniques to communicate insights and recommendations to the business
- You will maintain and improve analytic reports to answer business questions
- You will serve as an advocate for ensuring team goals align with business goals and needs
- You will build and maintain strong and effective working relationships with Studio constituents, centralized BI resources, IT, and Operations
- Able to consume and understand data from dimensional models
- Able to change direction quickly based on data analysis results
- Experienced using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Familiar with using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Competent in at least one programming language for moving and parsing data sets
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or a related field (such as Statistics, Applied Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 3+ years working in an analytical/research environment
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL for data analysis, including collecting, assembling, cleansing, and formatting data
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com. Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!