Epic Venture Games is a fast-paced production team that drives a large volume of content for Big Fish. Our talented designers and producers work with dozens of developers from concept to release, shaping entertaining and high-quality games. Members of the Epic Venture team are encouraged to grow and challenge themselves as individuals, while celebrating big successes as a team. We are passionate about quality, we are passionate about consistency, and we are passionate about fun!
Join us for an Epic Adventure you’ll never forget!
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to join our team, collaborate on existing projects, and help us design exciting new mobile Free-To-Play games. You will guide content and feature development as a key stakeholder; from providing mechanic design to game/economy balance and polish targets. You will be directly responsible for our audience having a great time, and will interact with passionate people across the studio, including internal and external development teams.
- Design direction of the game with clear documentation of feature specifications
- Define what the game needs; validate successful delivery and provide actionable feedback on shortcomings
- Own the game’s “Big Picture” and tie the whole experience together while keeping track of the details
- Strong ability to deconstruct games, analyze the core drivers of these games, and reconstruct in a way that is valuable to their products
- Articulate and evangelize design ideas, reasoning, and goals to team members, shared teams/stakeholders, and ensure alignment/buy-in
- Keep an eye on the future – proactively look for pitfalls and areas for improvement
- Lead design review meetings and present game design to stakeholders/business owners
- Guide art development for features and systems, providing visual targets and feedback to art and UI teams to meet design goals
- Provide feedback regarding prioritization of game features and bug fixes
- Direct game analysts for tuning needs and feature assessments; use data to guide feature creation, prioritization, and development
- Partner with external authors to ensure product meets design standards, as a subject matter expert
- Work closely with fellow game designers, product managers, producers, artists, and engineers
- Self-motivated with a track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Passionate about your work and excited about finding the creative middle ground between players and the business
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Enthusiastic about games and crafting fun and compelling user experiences
- An excellent problem-solver with extraordinary organizational and analytical abilities
- A collaborative teammate with a good sense of humor, with a desire to grow yourself and those around you
- Highly detailed with a keen eye for visual polish
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 5+ years of professional game design experience ideally with a focus on F2P and/or mobile
- 3+ shipped games and extensive live operations / campaign support
- Experience with all phases of development from pre-production to post-launch
- Demonstrated ability to balance gameplay mechanics and game economies
- Strong math, statistics, and excel skills
- Strong game deconstruction and product feedback skills
Credible and in-depth experience in F2P interactive fiction products strongly preferred.
This position requires the ability to travel up to 5%