Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to work on Big Fish Casino content. The ideal candidate is able to think in two ways – artistic and analytical. You will guide content and feature development as a product owner, from providing visual targets to executing tuning strategies. You’ll interact with nearly every member of the studio in your mission to make amazing things. Our design team is small, so each designer has a large amount of ownership and influence over the game. You will get to make your mark on every part of the game.
- Provide design direction of both features and new casino games with clear documentation of feature specifications
- Creating the math models and tuning for new casino games for F2P players
- Manage the tuning and math design of different features including both stand-alone features as well as features that tie into a larger macro economy
- Define what the game/app needs; validate successful delivery and provide actionable feedback on shortcomings
- Strong ability to deconstruct games, analyze the core drivers of these games, and reconstruct in a way that is valuable to their products
- Lead design review meetings and present game design to stakeholders/business owners
- Guide art development for features and systems, providing visual targets and feedback to art and UI teams to meet design goals
- Provide feedback regarding prioritization of game features and bug fixes
- Direct game analysts for tuning needs and feature assessments; use data to guide feature creation, prioritization, and development
- Partner with external authors to ensure product meets design standards, as a subject matter expert
- Work closely with fellow game designers, product managers, producers, artists, and engineers
- Analyze features post-release to measure the success or not of a feature/game
- Working with offsite teams as a design resource and consult
- 5+ years of game design experience
- 3+ shipped casino titles for either for-wager or social gaming
- Keen eye for visual polish and detail
- Strong math, statistics, and excel skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Desire to dive into slot machine design and come up with innovative mechanics
- Solid sense of humor, passion for your work and desire to grow yourself and those around you
- Self-motivated with a track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experienced in systems/math design for games in Excel and/or Google Spreadsheet
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- An excellent problem-solver with extraordinary organizational and analytical abilities
- Highly detailed with a keen eye for visual polish
- Avid gamer and mobile app enthusiast
- Experience supporting live games
- Experience in social games, especially slots and/or casino genres
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This position requires the ability to travel up to 5%.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.