Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, take fun and entertainment global to millions of customers.
Do you have a passion for developing highly scalable, highly available software that provides key game features to millions of users? Are you eager to work in the fast growing, dynamic, and challenging mobile games space?
The Game Platform Team is looking for a senior software engineer to join our team. We support a number of back-end services that drive game features and user experience. We solve complex problems and deliver highly customized solutions for our mobile business lines.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop highly performant, highly available, scalable systems that provide key features to millions of users across hundreds of different games, this is the team for you!
You are someone that
- Builds and maintains mission critical back-end services that handle high volume of traffic
- Researches, designs and prototypes solutions to complex business problems
- Delivers high quality, extensible and maintainable software
- Collaborates with other engineering teams to ensure integrity of end-to-end functionality
Required abilities, achievements, and xp
- Solid understanding of web development and client-server technologies
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and results oriented
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and be part of a world-class team
- 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as a Software Engineer or a related occupation
- 5 years of experience working with object oriented programming language (Java or C#) and dependency management
- 5 years of experience in programming with Python or PHP scripting language
- 5 years of experience building highly scalable, highly available, distributed systems with service oriented architecture (RESTful, RPC)
- 5 years of experience in data persistence technologies, both relational (SQL) and non-relational (Memcached, Redis, MongoDB)
- 5 years of experience using source control management tools (SVN or Git)
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other hard science
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with concurrency and distributed computing
- Experience with data encoding and compression techniques
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com.