Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
As Senior Producer, you will be joining our studio’s F2P Interactive Fiction team to help execute our product vision. You will work closely with the Product Manager to assist in backlog upkeep and roadmap planning. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of new game systems, features, and content in a timely manner and at high quality. Your Agile development skills will help set the foundations for F2P production and processes that will shape the way we operate as a studio. Your ability to motivate and organize the team will be essential for this role.
On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Producer will be accountable for JIRA tracking, scheduling operations for the entire team, managing backlog reports, and coordinating with internal/external departments. Other duties include; facilitating meetings and standups, running sprint planning, end of sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Manage schedules and project resources, to ensure that deliverables are agreed upon, detailed, and delivered as expected.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget, and design goals.
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Recommend and implement new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve on-time or on-budget delivery.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines.
- Manage day-to-day communication regarding schedule and project progress to the Project Manager and the leadership group.
- Ensure all necessary project documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Are experienced in managing internal development teams and have at least one published title on mobile platforms.
- Have production experience with the entire F2P game development life-cycle, from concept and production to scaling post launch and live support.
- Have a track record of facilitating great team communication and applying Agile methodologies.
- Love the products you create and are passionate about games.
- Care a lot about people – those playing your game, on your team and in your company.
- 5+ years of production experience in the video game industry with increasing responsibility.
- 3+ years of F2P mobile game development experience.
- Strong project and time management skills, with the ability to focus on priorities – problem solving, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with development planning tools (i.e. SharePoint, Jira, Excel, Confluence, etc.) to apply Agile project management processes.
- Outstanding written, oral, and email communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Quick to adapt with experience working in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- Bonus – Scrum training and certification.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.