Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Tester to join our team. You will be a key member of our studio - ensuring quality on our live games and important projects. You’ll lead important QA projects, and collaborate with the rest of the studio to achieve results and deliver a great experience to our players. If you’re passionate about product quality and raising the level of execution at your studio, then this is the right place for you!
- Lead testing efforts and quality sign-off on releases and long-term projects
- Ability to perform hands on testing
- Dive into complex new features in collaboration with other stakeholders to define test plans, ensure we are building them with an eye to quality, and identify the tools we need to effectively test them
- Create and maintain test cases, test plans, and documentation for project.
- Responsible and accountable for final signoff for game/server releases, updates, and promotions
- Subject matter expert on game client-server interactions, network emulation, and related testing approaches
- Investigate, define, and train team on best practices for grey-box and tool-assisted testing
- Work with QA Leadership to evaluate and enhance QA standards, technologies and approaches
- 4+ years game testing experience
- Understanding of test plan life cycle including test plan reviews
- Ability to create and maintain test plans in a test repository tool
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Understanding of Agile Development methodology and release processes
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for casual/mobile gaming
- Experience with network testing, advanced client/server interaction
- Experience with a test case repository such as Test Rail
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Experience with social/mobile app game testing
- Experience with “Free-to-play” game mechanics and processes, particularly consistent game updating processes
- Experience managing a “game as a service” and associated live operations
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.