Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for an experienced Social and Community Marketing Manager to lead all community and social marketing efforts for our products and Big Fish Games as a whole. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building and growing social channels across Facebook, YouTube, and others. You live in 144 characters and never met an Instagram and Snap Chat filter you didn’t like. Equally impressive is your connection to existing influencers and history of launching viral programs. You must also have experience managing and mentoring a team of likeminded social enthusiasts.
In this role, you will be partnering with game development teams, product marketing, and other cross functional teams to create and build relationships with our players around the world--building and fostering tight-knit relationships and establishing player feedback loops along the way.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing and is based at Big Fish Games headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
- Set the social strategy and vision for Big Fish Games and manage a growing team of social marketers to execute that vision
- Partner with product marketing, studio leads, and cross functional teams to create social and community programs than engage players and build/grow social footprints
- Help with player communications in close partnership with the PR team
- Be the social evangelist at Big Fish, demonstrating the value of social and gaining internal support for product integrations and other next-generation programming
- Surface best practices and competitive intelligence on what is happening in social
- Create an influencer and content creator program for Big Fish Games
- Manage the corporate social channels and LinkedIn page
- At least 8 years of gaming or entertainment experience building social channels and/or community management. Bonus points if you have experience in the casual mobile or social casino space.
- Proven track record of building successful social campaigns with examples of channel growth
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Love of social and community management, strong advocate for players
- In-depth knowledge of social media best practices and examples of how you’ve grown various channels
- Ability to analyze data, identify performance trends, set KPIs, and evaluate effective ROI
- Strong business acumen, team-oriented/collaborative, and an ability to leverage data to justify programs/ideas
- Experience and credibility as a communicator in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships are strong plusses
- Self-starter; ability to take charge and thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of when to push and when to back down and be a team player
- Ability to lift people up and coach/mentor others
- Prior knowledge of the mobile or social casino space
- Deep contact list and existing relationships with social influencers
- Passion and love for casual mobile gaming and/or social casino games
- Track record of being able to thrive in an environment with multiple stakeholders in different regions
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.