Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We're looking for a Release & Tools Engineer with hands-on experience with build management, configuration management, release management, scripting skills and designing tools. You’ll be working with our technical teams across all disciplines (from our Free-to-Play game development teams to Engineering teams to System & Networking Administrators as well) developing, maintain continuous integration pipeline and underlying tools & release infrastructure. Candidates for this position need to have strong analytical skills and a passion for continuous process improvement. Ideal applicants need to be self-starters who can set, follow, and finish task priorities, work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced and fast changing environment. Superb analytical skills, creative thinking, and a flexible attitude are a must have for this position.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure as well as maintain the internal tools to automate processes and support best practices.
- Work with multiple Engineering Project Teams to standardize and automate build and release processes.
- Contribute to tools\release engineering from design to implementations of tools to solve technical challenges to accelerate Engineering productivity and velocity.
- Understand best practices for source control, build engineering, continuous integration and deployment.
- Advocate for best practices with Engineering and Operations
- Coordinate deliverables and dependencies with other internal groups and within Operations team.
- Provide technical guidance in architecture and DevOps process improvements.
- Participate in on-call rotation and work in a fast paced, business critical areas.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant software development experience using Python, and other scripting languages.
- 3+ years experience in Release Engineering, Build\Tools Engineering, Development, QA, or System Administration
- Hands on experience with the continuous integration system Jenkins and Docker
- Experience with Subversion, GitHub\Gitlab and Mercurial, or Perforce version control systems
- Good understanding of build\release process – CI\CD pipeline and associated tools
- Experience with deployment automation to various application stacks, such as LAMP, Tomcat and/or Django
- Experience with Perl, Java, PHP and/or bash
- Familiarity with MySQL and database deployment automation
- Experience with Java build automation using Maven
- Experience with build automation for Android and iOS applications
- Understanding of Visible Ops methodologies
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.