Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aristocrat Technologies and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with a regional office in Oakland, CA.
Product Managers are responsible for driving the strategy for a product via roadmaps and spec creation. The work done by the Product Managers requires close collaboration with stakeholders both inside and outside of the immediate team.
- Responsible for product roadmap, negotiating requirements with stakeholders and prioritizing product initiatives based on business goals and larger strategic and corporate initiatives.
- Proactively researches the competitive landscape for opportunity investigation and feature parity.
- Owns product strategy and KPI development, creating user stories, defining acceptance criteria and using data-driven approaches (both qualitative and quantitative) to validate ongoing work post-launch.
- Guides investment level, based on the product’s ROI and potential.
- Internal and external Subject Matter Expert of all relevant business and production areas, which could involve industry presentations and media communication.
- Presents product’s business goals and status in executive-level meetings.
- Drives roadmap meetings, soliciting ideas from the team and cultivating innovative ideas into business cases.
- May write, delegate, or collaborate on writing detailed documents (Business Requirements Documents, Product Requirements Documents and/or Specs) for all sizes of features.
- Validates BI findings and provides business assessment shared with broader team.
- Collaborates with Marketing on Go-To-Market and sustaining marketing activities as appropriate.
- Leads projects individually with minimal guidance from business leaders.
- Identifies and drives process improvements that may impact multiple groups across the company, including development, marketing, customer support, QA, and DIS.
- Drives build/buy/partner decisions, including developing the business case supporting those decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Game industry experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks.
- Understands the competitive landscape in terms of product quality and feature parity.
- Identifies strategic and tactical adjustments to improve topline revenue and support company goals.
- Ability to set Product Strategy and develop tactical plans for new products and large features.
- Ability to quantify expected business results through basic forecasting and/or data analysis.
- Manages sensitive communications to the product teams that give appropriate information while managing morale.
- Maturity to be exposed to a great deal of forward-looking business strategy and confidential financial information.
- Typical employees have a Bachelor’s degree + 8+ years’ experience delivering products and/or platforms
- MBA preferred but not required.