Life at Big Fish Games (*This is at the top of every JD, does not change)
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
As a Director of Product Management you will be joining our team to head our studio’s Product Management team, and our new free-to-play Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure (HOPA) games. Part of the studio leadership team, you will help to shape the strategic direction of the studio. As a player/coach you will manage another product manager working on Interactive Fiction, as well as be the Product Manager responsible for our games in the F2P HOPA genre. You will need to set the vision and product roadmap to maximize relevant KPIs in order to succeed. You will be inspiring, mentoring and leading a group of extremely talented and engaged Producers, Game Designers, Engineers, Artists and Marketing Managers, at all stages of their careers. Getting the best out of the team will be critical for this role.
- Partner with studio GM and game team to generate the vision and strategic standing for our studio, including our upcoming free-to-play HOPA games.
- Inspire and lead the game team to execute on the strategy.
- Own the P&L for the game including forecasting responsibilities.
- Drive the team to always be looking at the KPIs to improve; while always looking for the next KPI to be improved.
- Manage and mentor a highly professional and engaged product manager working on a second Epic Venture project.
- Prioritize the tasks and roadmap to ensure that the strategy is being executed in the most timely manner and inline with the dynamic games industry.
- Obsessed with detail, are analytical with good logic and ability to work with numbers. Utilize your strong foundation in A/B testing to help us employ best practices for regular testing and good collaboration with Game Data teams to drive solid KPIs.
- Proactively tear-down the competitive landscape for opportunity investigation and feature parity.
- Love the products you create and are passionate about games.
- A mentor with a proven track record in managing teams, and getting the best out of them.
- Will be able to demonstrate a strategic mindset and communicate this focus to a team, as well as report up to the executive team.
- Think from a user’s point of view and want to get better at it all the time.
- Can turn difficult concepts into something magically simple for the user, and have experience working at each stage of a game development lifecycle, from concept to live ops.
- Have a creative mindset and can communicate clearly and straight to the point.
- Are infamous for rolling up your sleeves and just getting things done.
- Care a lot about people – those playing your game, in your team and in your company, working collaboratively across all business areas.
- 8+ years of B2C experience in product management
- 3+ years of product management experience on mobile Free-to-Play games
- 5+ years of management experience
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.