Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits!
For the Self Aware Games Tools Engineering Team, our customers are our coworkers, and our mission is to keep them happy and productive. We work with art, marketing, CS, QA, and other engineering teams to develop and maintain the suite of tools which support our flagship titles Big Fish Casino and Jackpot Magic Slots.
- Design, build and maintain a Web-based suite of tools used for content creation, live ops, testing, and more
- Communicate across many teams to understand their problems and invent solutions
- Explore, experiment, and integrate new techniques and technologies
- Support and mentor junior developers
- Empathetic – you feel the user’s pain when you see multi-tab workflows, blocked UI threads, and ajax screens that aren’t hyperlinkable
- Opinionated – you have no patience for bad UX because you’ve seen the productivity gains from good UX
- Curious – you’re dying to try out that new browser API that just landed in Chrome this week
- Eager – you design, you plan, you build, you demo, you test … enough already! Let’s ship!
Required Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree
- 5+ years full-stack Web development
- 1+ years PHP
- 1+ years MySQL or equivalent
- Any modern Web view layer (Angular, React, Vue, Elm …)
- ES2015, ES2016, ES2017 …
- npm / yarn
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com! Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.