Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop!, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for a senior video and animation professional to assist in the creation of video advertisements to be used in our creative marketing strategies. You should be passionate about games, and have a keen sense for design, leadership, time management, and attention to detail. As a team lead you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard for quality from the team, and assist in the development of junior team members, as well as producing videos that allow you to lead by example.
- Work with complex graphics, animation and live video content to create motion graphics for a diverse array of platforms, including smartphones, handheld electronic devices, internet, and television, among others. Other projects can include title and post-production work, as well as multimedia campaigns, promotion products, technical illustrations and computer artwork for use in a variety of materials.
- Produce high-quality motion graphics using 2D and 3D art assets.
- Assist the Project Manager to schedule tasks.
- Lead the team in brainstorming and idea generation exercises to explore briefs and generate ideas.
- With minimal guidance from management and leadership, take projects from brief through to delivery.
- Leads the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and proofs.
- With the Manager, help to foster the day to day development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and example animation.
- Present ideas, both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
- Work on multiple, simultaneous projects that may be complex and ambiguous in nature with minimal guidance.
- Take and provide direction in style and technique, and work cooperatively, having your work handled by other team members and providing constructive feedback to other team members.
- Create storyboards to get sign-off from stakeholders. May assist junior team members with storyboard creation.
- Keep abreast of advancements in animation and videography as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and identifying resources, like audio libraries, to deliver industry leading work.
- Partner with leadership to articulate creative strategy, present ideas and explain rationale.
- Help new team members in the expanse of knowledge of software tools.
- Partner with performance marketing leads to monitor the performance of the motion graphics marketing ads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design/Video or equivalent work experience
- 5+ Years of 2D and 3D motion graphics, animation, editing, and/or cinematography experience.
- Expertise with tools such as Adobe Suite, Maya, Cinema4D, and industry standard plugins such as the Trapcode Suite, Element 3D, and Universe Suite.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite to create high-quality animated videos and/or commercials.
- Advanced knowledge of timing, continuity, compositing, sound design and editing.
- Understands basic graphic design principles such as color, composition, typography, etc.
- Expert knowledge of animation principles such as ease in/out, squash & stretch, linear/smooth keyframes, etc.
- Advance skills in 3D production, including modeling, texturing, character setup, lighting, and rendering.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to write and speak concisely and clearly. May also assist the Manager with team-related responsibilities.
- Proven ability to adhere to established brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style.
- Must be able to solve creative problems through collaboration and good design.
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully. May also provide peer review of other’s work.
- Self-starter with the ability to work proactively and without explicit direction and collaboration with a team.
- Professional demeanor with high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of current video codecs and file formats.
- Experience in 3D particle simulation.
- Experience working in a production pipeline for cinematic quality video assets on shipped titles, or film.
- Experience leading and growing the skills of a team of designers.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.