Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are looking for an exceptional leader to join our team as the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis. In this role, you will lead, develop, and manage a team of financial analysts who support the business with responsibilities spanning compliance, decision support, monthly reporting, forecasting, and planning.
From day-to-day, you will be responsible for ensuring the finance organization remains business-aligned and will champion a focus on informed decision making. Strategically, you will be responsible for providing us with direction, input, and feedback regarding Studios product plans and decisions from a financial and product perspective, and will provide thought leadership to the Digital CFO (and others) regarding financial objectives and performance goals, and opportunities for efficiency and scale. This role will partner closely with internal and external partners to ensure financial accuracy and predictability, and will drive progress through the development and enforcement of operational processes and procedures.
- Work with the Senior Leadership team to maintain a cohesive financial and strategic view of priorities and focus for all product lines
- Partner with our parent company on investment decisions and incorporating forecasts into their budgeting process
- Lead the senior leadership weekly business review to understand key business trends and drivers
- Partner with the User Acquisitions team to provide budgets and guidance on UA allocations
- Develop metrics for resource allocation and ROI within Big Fish to ensure investment is made into the highest growth opportunities and unsuccessful initiatives are discontinued quickly
- Partner with Studios and corporate business on resource allocation, OPEX spend, and headcount management
- Establish a cadence of regular communication to the Digital and Aristocrat leadership teams that identifies short and long-term growth drivers with clear recommendations
- Forecasting Digital business performance from a profit and loss and cash flow perspective
- Develop reliable cash flow projection processes and reporting mechanisms, to meet operating needs
- Partner with accounting services providers to ensure accuracy and predictability of financial reporting
- Responsible for all financial information and reporting for Big Fish
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Big Fish
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Manage day-to-day treasury relationship with external partners and be the final approval for all monies leaving our accounts
- Work with the Big Fish leadership team to establish more operational rigor within the business and upfront planning for strategic initiatives
- An analytical thinker with a growth mindset and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to transform challenging business problems into tangible action plans
- Well-versed in cross-group collaboration, change leadership
- A strong communicator and team-player with fantastic interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Able to consistently and positively contribute in a high-energy, fast-changing work environment
- A results-oriented leader who sets the example for excellence by taking ownership, being accountable, and championing all aspects of our business
Required abilities, achievements, and experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance, or equivalent
- 10+ years’ senior-level finance experience, including leadership of teams
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.