Help us grow the Consumer Insights Team! Big Fish is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of players in the casual and mid-core game market. You will collaborate with the game development, UX design, and marketing teams to provide player feedback on all stages of game development and player lifecycle within our games. We are looking for a researcher experienced in applying multiple qualitative research methodologies to improve UX and achieve business goals.
- Provide insights to help inform and execute on product strategy and tactics by conducting both formative (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual interviews) and evaluative (e.g., lab/remote sessions, surveys) research
- Work cross functionally with teams to shape and execute research plans based on business needs and growth initiatives for both existing and new games
- Uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help games grow their active player base
- Through an advisory role, collaborate in game design and strategy by presenting actionable player experience data to game development teams
- Be a thought leader that mentors fellow research team members and game development team members in research methodologies and pro-actively provides consumer centric trends and information regarding consumer behavior, needs, and innovative experiences
- Leading UX research primarily on Social Casino focused games in our Oakland office supporting 2 game development studios.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Strong research foundation and flexible approach
- Demonstrable understanding of UX principles, both design and research
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance user experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers and engineering development team members
- Past work examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes as well as and putting together long term research plans (does not need to be a portfolio, just the ability to share past work through discussions and with shareable examples)
- Expert understanding of qualitative research methodologies such as ethnography, contextual interviews, and lab/remote sessions
- Demonstrable experience in UX design showing the ability to translate UX Research findings into UX Design solutions as well as ability to develop wireframes and prototypes utilizing tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc. for UX Research.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
- 5+ years related work experience. UX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing mobile app or game, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, Game Design, or related field
- Bonus background in one or more of the following: statistics, market research, quantitative research methods, design strategy, prototype development and testing, product validation
- Interested in games, game design and free to play economies for a wide variety of genres including puzzle, time management, RPG, Collectible Card Games and/or Social Casino
- Forward thinking and actively maintain an interest in your field; keeping up-to-date with developing tools and techniques
- Empathetic to video game players
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.