Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
The Narrative Designer will focus on ensuring that the key elements of the player experience associated with story and story-telling devices, script, and dialogue are dynamic, compelling, and, above all, correct. The Narrative Designer will work closely with the third-party production group and their external developers for the duration of a production cycle.
- Primary responsibility is to edit large volumes of functional and instructional game text creatively and concisely, with a high degree of speed and accuracy, and on tight deadline
- Some projects require full rewrites of text drafted by non-native speakers, done in a way that respectfully enhances their vision
- Support the narrative design team in providing story feedback on externally written materials
- Understand the requirements of story-game play integration and work collaboratively with the narrative design team, producers, and developers toward a successful game product overall
- Manage own schedule, in coordination with the narrative design team leader, to accommodate the deliverables of each project and propose solutions for conflicts that arise
- Support production and narrative design in other duties, as required
- 3 years’ experience in a professional editing/writing capacity, preferably with one year directly focused on writing game content in a casual gaming environment
- Exceptional editing/writing skills – a firm grasp of writing rules, grammar/mechanics, and conventions and the ability to make structural changes to the way stories work and how they are presented/told to the player
- Proven ability to edit and write content across a full array of interactive media platforms and experience working with text that is incorporated into programming code
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong experience with Word and Excel; Notepad++ experience helpful
- Proven ability at successful multi-tasking under great pressure
- Casual game industry experience a plus
- High level of enthusiasm, interest, and initiative
- Ability to promote constant evolution in the way we interact and encourage developers
- Avid game player with a deep interest in creatively advancing the story medium
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.