We're looking for you, a curious, customer advocate who is passionate about fraud and finding trends and interesting anomalies in data. As the Fraud Specialist, you will work to perform daily duties that include manual fraud review, fraud investigations, and reporting of fraud activity relating to several Big Fish Games products. You will also assist in maintaining basic ecommerce duties including chargeback handling and review, and other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts/activity.
- Independently resolve problems that require in-depth investigation or research.
- Review queued transactions and independently determine if the reviewed transactions are fraudulent or legitimate
- Utilize various third party and in house tools (such as approved SQL database queries) to retrieve data and produce standardized reports
- Conduct extensive research to validate online purchases and determine effective ways to resolve chargebacks and disputes
- Represent/dispute the chargeback notices and customer inquiries from all major card brands
- Perform account updates and refunds as necessary
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders both inside your own team as well as across the company
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
- Experience with card not present fraud detection and prevention preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to detect unusual patterns from large data
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to analyze, solve problems, and make decisions effectively and independently
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated and proactive - when something needs to be done, you aren't afraid to jump in and do it!
- Proficient computer skills
- Passion for games and an understanding of in-game experiencing so your ability to be a customer advocate shines through
- Experience in SQL and extensive knowledge of Excel (strongly preferred)