Every day, 3000 Aristocrat Technologies employees around the world arrive at work to create the world’s greatest gaming experience. We believe our people are the heart of our business and the talent behind our success, which is why we’re committed to attracting the best people and building a high-performance workforce.
Our people love working at Aristocrat, and it’s not hard to see why - room to grow, space to get creative, flexible work arrangements, and access to all our best games, not to mention collaborating with the industry’s most brilliant minds. It’s all in a day’s work at Aristocrat.
As the Product Manager for Competitive Insights, you will be embedded within the Strategy and Competitive Intelligence team (SCI) to help shape the strategic direction for new social gaming applications, and provide competitive insights which will inform new features and functions and strengthen our existing application portfolio.
Working closely across partner groups, the in-depth analysis provided by you and your team will serve as pillars for pivotal business decisions and groundbreaking strategies. You will research the social games market to understand and articulate macro-level trends that shape the industry, and, through regular and detailed reporting, you will equip leadership with quantitative and qualitative analysis of the marketplace, enabling the continuous creation of winning games.
- Play a variety of games daily to monitor and track best-in-class features such as tutorials, event and sales cadence, storefront design, social mechanics, ad placement and marketing strategies
- Analyze market and competitive landscape looking at new and up-coming competitive games, product features and marketing strategies to understand opportunity and potential value for our games.
- Track the performance of top grossing mobile games via App Annie and Sensor Tower and provide insights about what contributed to a game’s success or decline
- Partner with Game & Marketing teams and share insights about innovative game design & marketing practices within the mobile gaming industry
- Conduct in-depth game teardowns on key competitive titles and share the results with key business partners
- Provide guidance on economy design and core loop strategy
- Discover and monitor the status of soft launches, unannounced games, pre-registrations and major new releases across the industry
- Write Big Fish Games’ weekly industry newsletter to inspire innovation
- Independently seek meaning in the data to provide additional insights beyond that which was requested and offer recommendations and insights to answer key business questions / hypotheses
- Synthesize data across multiple sources to identify macro-level themes and insights
- Partner closely with the Research team on company-wide research initiatives
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or Graduate Degree preferred. Must have strong academic record.
- At least 3 years of Product and/or competitive analysis experience in the mobile gaming space
- Experienced in conducting game tear downs and identifying game mechanics that lead to stronger KPIs
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and great project management skills
- Familiarity with App Annie and/or Sensor Tower a plus
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office setting, requiring the ability to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station, respond to written and oral cues, and have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach, and lift up to 25 lbs