Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product for our flagship franchise, Big Fish Casino, in Oakland. The qualified candidate will be the business & product leader for BFC with overall P&L responsibility overseeing the strategic direction and day-to-day operation of the business. The Director of Product will develop/execute feature & live services roadmaps, lead a top-tier team of product and business performance/CRM managers, and partner closely with our data science, user acquisition, research, and central teams to deepen customer engagement and drive business performance. As a member of the studio leadership team, the Director of Product will contribute significantly in the areas of planning, business forecasting, operational effectiveness, and talent development.
- Own the vision and strategic direction for Big Fish Casino. Develop comprehensive business plans, product strategies, and roadmaps.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify, test, execute, and measure high-impact product changes that drive durable improvements in engagement, retention, and monetization performance.
- Analyze complex data and work with the business analytics team to make informed decisions and develop advanced programmatic improvements. Dive deep into game metrics to inform optimization strategies as well as A/B testing hypotheses with clear and measurable success criteria.
- Recruit and develop a diverse team of product and business performance managers, mentoring them towards the next step in their career while focusing on measurable results.
- Partner effectively across product, studio operations, and engineering teams to prioritize development efforts, make the right trade-offs, improve planning processes, and elevate quality and timeliness of execution.
- Foster a culture of accountability and continuous learning via effective goal/OKR-setting and partnering across the Aristocrat family of companies to leverage learning and best practices.
- Passion for mobile games & the social casino category.
- 8-10 years of directly relevant experience with at least 3 years in a product leadership role at a top mobile games company and a demonstrated track-record of success.
- Domain knowledge of the Social Casino category and at least 2 years of experience in a product management and/or operational role on a top social casino product.
- Highly expert in the product management discipline with proven expertise developing user stories, writing BRD’s & feature specifications, wire-framing, and partnering effectively with UI/UX and engineering teams to make appropriate trade-offs while ensuring excellence in execution.
- High analytical acumen with extensive understanding of business value drivers in the mobile F2P and social casino categories. Demonstrated ability to lead complex analyses and apply outputs to improve business performance.
- Extensive familiarity with live services strategy/execution with proven ability to develop winning growth plans.
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams with ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution, ideally in a design, technical, or business area of study.
- MBA from a top business school and prior experience as a PM at a leading consumer mobile/web and/or ecommerce company (e.g. Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, PayPal, Netflix).
- Technical fluency & deep understanding of game development practices.
- Financial modeling & forecasting for mobile/F2P games. Familiarity with performance marketing practices, analytics, and experience driving profitable new user growth for mature games.
- Prior experience in a Director of Product role at a top mobile games company.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.