Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Big Fish Games is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, Business Intelligence Engineering Manager to identify strategic initiatives that will form the next generation of BI platforms. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large data-sets. This high impact role will have an opportunity to help design and build data infrastructure from the ground up, work with emerging cloud technologies, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboard development.
You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scale-able, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems to data warehouses to end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers to understand business requirements and implement reporting solutions. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, and has a strong business acumen.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Tableau, Netezza, Hadoop, Google Cloud platforms)
- Develop websites and tools using (RUBY, Python, C#, Scala, HTML, PHP, and Java) which would allow users, including senior leadership the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action to solve these issues
- Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems and identify potential opportunities
- Identify and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Work with in-house scientists and software teams to identify new features and projects
- Identify ways to automate analysis through smarter software systems
- Track realized savings and impacts, and communicate results with senior leaders
- Contribute to maintaining database up-time to include restarting of servers, etc.
- Lead a team of five Business Intelligence and Data Engineers to deliver large scale business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years managing skilled engineering teams to deliver on-time business results
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Redshift, Netezza, Hadoop, or other Big Data technologies.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies such as RUBY, HTML, PHP, Java or AJAX.
- 3+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data science experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment; ability to re-prioritize on a regular basis to remain current with business needs
- Ability to influence others in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to source and combine disparate data sets to answer business questions
- Master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering or Math/Statistics/Finance or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.