Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Big Fish is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help guide our business intelligence strategy. With millions of daily active users, Big Fish produces vast amounts of data that need to be verified for integrity, extracted, transformed, loaded, and then made available for analysis by our data scientists and for review by our business leaders. We therefore need someone who can think strategically about how new data can be adopted and leveraged by the company, can drive a change process to transition us to a modern BI architecture, and advocate for a self-service analytics culture by introducing the technologies that will help us achieve that goal.
- Define the vision and strategy for a data platform that enables insights across Big Fish studios and cross-functional teams
- Define and prioritize requirements from internal stakeholders into data/product requirements
- Collaborate with the BI engineering team to improve our data integrity and implement technical solutions
- Evangelize the adoption of new tools across different internal teams
- Understand the vendor landscape and lead vendor evaluations that ensure we’re using the best technologies to support our fast-moving gaming business.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Business Management or Computer Science
- 5 years’ experience working as a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Senior Business Analyst, with responsibility for delivering products and/or platforms. Some of this experience must be gained working with BI tools.
- Experience working with mobile consumer data, ideally in a F2P gaming environment
- Experience with cloud, on premise, and hybrid environments.
- You possess a blend of strategy, execution, and business understanding.
- Have leveraged data and technology insights to create a long-term strategy within a B2C company that significantly leverages mobile technology, or even better for a free-to-play mobile gaming company.
- Demonstrated track record partnering with engineering, data science, and business leadership
- Great communicator who can articulate the business values of your product but also get into the details with engineering
- 5+ years of Product Management experience working with data at very high levels of velocity and volume.
- Experience with modern data platform components such as Kafka/Spark/Hadoop/Data Lakes
- Independence and collaboration - you can work across cross-functional teams and manage projects to completion
- Strong analytical capabilities - you can translate business questions into requirements and data into insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and persuasion
- Experience managing diverse stakeholders
- A background in BI is a plus, either working as a product manager for a BI vendor or leading an internal BI team
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.