Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits!
We are looking for flexible individuals who have a strategic viewpoint and can grow as we grow our Business Intelligence Analytics team in Oakland. You will be part of our Self Aware Games Analytics team, which is a small group of dedicated analysts whose primary focus is to support product and marketing teams with valuable analysis, research and insights.
The Data Scientists are responsible for applying a wide variety of statistical and analytical techniques to business problems to glean valuable insights in support of key strategic business initiatives. They apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to data and are comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with the business to understand problems, investigate issues, and identify points of ambiguity or discomfort
- Perform data discovery, collection and integration of game and player data from multiple source systems to arrive at the desired granularity to support analysis. Apply transformations to cleanse and shape data sets prior to analysis.
- Apply statistical methods to understand and analyze game events data to support business requests
- Devise and run A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Build ETL processes using optimized SQL queries to support analytic reports and game dashboards.
- Generate reports with findings and communicate these effectively via written, oral and visual methods.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Skilled with using SQL, including knowledge of sub queries, and aggregate functions like sum, min, max
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Experience using at least one programming language to move and parse data sets.
- Experience as a business/data analyst, performing analyses and presenting data
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional data models
- 2-3 years of prior data analysis experience
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, HDFS) a big plus!
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Driven by curiosity and have a desire to go beneath the surface of a problem to ask the right business questions and identify potential answers that can be tested and proven
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!