Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots, and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Self Aware Games (a division of Big Fish Games), creators of the category-leading social casino games Big Fish Casino and Jackpot Magic Slots, is looking for an experienced Director of Product in Oakland, CA. The qualified candidate will develop/validate/execute the vision and own business outcomes for a new game. This will entail concept & product strategy development, competitive analyses, writing feature spec’s, leveraging expert resources across the Aristocrat organization, leading cross-functional teams, recruiting, and ensuring excellence in execution top to bottom. It is an ideal role for an individual with strong creative & business acumen, excellent relationship management skills, and deep expertise bringing new products to market in the mobile F2P space ready to take the next step in their career.
- Define and bring the core product vision to life. Collaborate effectively with creative, business, engineering, art, and design teams to ensure product requirements are delivered thoughtfully & completely.
- Conceptualize, define, and manage development of new features/systems that enchant & delight users as measured through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Be the business owner and drive excellence in execution across all facets of development, GTM & live operations including product, operational, and commercial readiness. Establish/hit product performance targets and deliver on financial objectives.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts. Partner with design, BI, and research teams to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations that improve core business KPI’s (first in soft launch, then in WW release).
- Build strong partnerships with central teams that ensure visibility/transparency and delivery on commitments within agreed upon timetables. Identify opportunities to improve practices/processes bringing new products to market & ensuring success.
- Mentor & develop a cadre of PM’s, CRM managers, and business analysts by insisting on highest standards, earning trust, and leading by example.
- Passion for mobile games & the social casino category.
- 8-10 years of directly relevant experience with at least 3 years in a product leadership role at a top mobile games company and a demonstrated track-record of success.
- Highly expert in the product management discipline with proven expertise developing user stories, writing BRD’s & feature specifications, wire-framing, and partnering effectively with UI/UX and engineering teams to make appropriate trade-offs while ensuring excellence in execution.
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams with ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- High analytical acumen with extensive understanding of business value drivers in the mobile F2P and social casino categories. Demonstrated ability to lead complex analyses and apply outputs to improve business performance.
- Extensive familiarity with live services strategy/execution with proven ability to develop winning growth plans.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution.
- Prior experience in a Director of Product role at a top mobile games company.
- Prior experience as a PM at a leading consumer mobile/web and/or ecommerce company (e.g. Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, PayPal, Netflix).
- Technical fluency & deep understanding of game development practices.
- MBA from a top business school.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special - that's why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.