Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for flexible and strategic minded analysts to join our data science team in Oakland. You will be part of a team dedicated to making our games fun and enjoyable for our players with analysis, reporting and partnering with the business to solve critical data problems. First and foremost, you must be passionate about working with data. Second, you must get a thrill from business people gaining insight from your reporting and analysis. Third, you need to be detail oriented. You’ll have the opportunity to play multiple roles, learn new technologies, work directly with business stakeholders, and have a major influence on the business.
- Work closely with product and assist them in investigations, deep dives and consuming game performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Devise and run A/B tests and apply statistical techniques for analysis and measurement.
- Analyze game-specific and user-specific data for insights and proactively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and Marketing Managers.
- Write advanced SQL for exploratory analysis, data preparation and data movement.
- Automate data flows (ETL), create and maintain refreshable dashboards to track game and business KPIs.
- Document analysis findings and communicate these effectively via written, oral and visual methods.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and IT teams as well as our business partners.
- Experience working with business teams to understand and define problems for analysis; experience dealing with ambiguous business problems and translating them into feasible analytic exercises to provide answers.
- Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results to other teams.
- Experience using at least one programming language to move and parse data sets.
- Experience building dashboards and reports using Tableau
- A self-starter, detail oriented, and believes in continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- 5 years of experience working in an analytical/research environment
- 5-8 years of experience writing SQL for data analysis including collecting and assembling data, cleansing and formatting, and validation of results.
- Background and/or passion in mobile games, social casino, demonstrating understanding of game and player life cycles.
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, HDFS) a big plus!
- Experience working with event stream data
- Familiarity with common data processing libraries in Python, such as Pandas and NumPy
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.