Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
Our organization focuses on backend, centralized services and tools that support games across the company. We provide enterprise-scale solutions for data collection, marketing messaging and social features that all games can use, allowing game teams to focus on innovative game play and mechanics.
We are looking for a highly motivated, driven Technical Project Manager II to help us deliver core initiatives within our centralized engineering department. As part of our group, you will partner with multiple teams and business units within Big Fish Games to define, execute and deliver your projects. You will gather requirements and ensure the objectives are clear in the planning process. The projects will impact many parts of the overall organization and require excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Managing project efforts with one or more development teams – this includes planning, coordination, execution, communications and delivery of multiple concurrent projects
- Facilitating project discussions and manage relationships with various technology and business stakeholders to help decisions get made and make those decisions visible
- Tracking project scope changes, delivery timing and key project metrics
- Communicating project progress, changes and risks
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the underlying architecture utilized by our development teams
- Making use of production tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, My SQL, Grafana and others for project tracking, services building & monitoring, and incident investigations
- Building strong relationships with sister teams across the organization such as IT Operations, Business Intelligence and our game studios.
- Having fun with the teams you work with and work as a team to better each other
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience
- 2+ year experience in project management
- Self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and work well under pressure
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Knowledge and experience delivering Service Oriented Architecture projects
- Well organized task planner
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff
- Curious about technology. Passionate about researching and learning about new systems/technologies
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders to influence desired outcome
- Leadership qualities; ability to interface with cross-functional teams such as Business Intelligence, Development and Operations
- Familiarity with a wide range of project management methodologies and capability working in a project portfolio driven environment
- Previous experience in IT DevOps environments is nice to have