Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots, and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
Self Aware Games (a division of Big Fish Games), creators of the category-leading social casino games Big Fish Casino and Jackpot Magic Slots, is looking for a Senior Product Manager in Oakland, CA. The qualified candidate will contribute to strategy, lead execution, and own business outcomes for new feature development, game improvements, and live services performance. This will entail conducting detailed game & competitive analyses, writing feature spec’s & designing user flows, structuring & executing A/B tests (establishing success metrics), and working effectively with engineering, art, and design teams to bring innovative & impactful ideas to life.
- Conceptualize, define, design and manage development of new features that delight users and improve customer acquisition, engagement, and monetization performance.
- Collaborate effectively with creative, business, engineering, art, and design teams to ensure product requirements are delivered thoughtfully & completely.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts for specific features. Partner with BI teams to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations (e.g. sales, events, etc.) that improve core business KPI’s.
- Work effectively across the PM and broader organization to make the right trade-offs based on business imperatives, resource constraints, etc.
- Partner effectively, and lead projects as the business owner, with the Business Intelligence team to understand and monitor key business drivers, improve forecasting accuracy, surface risks, and identify opportunities to accelerate revenue & customer growth globally.
- Mentor & develop a cadre of developing PM’s, CRM managers, and business analysts by demonstrating/driving best practices and leading by example.
- Passion for mobile games & the social casino category.
- 5 years of directly relevant professional experience. At least 2 years in a product leadership role at a top mobile games company with a demonstrated track-record of success.
- Exceptional customer/player sensibility and expertise creating product/feature specs (PRD’s) with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames.
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data driven, user-centric design and decision-making. Deep understanding of A/B and multivariate testing.
- Familiarity with consumer research practices and demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative research to inform business and/or product decision-making.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- BA/BS from a top academic institution.
- MBA from a top academic institution.
- Advanced Excel and basic SQL proficiency.
- Familiarity with AGILE development practices & environment.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.