Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are looking for an experienced Senior Communications Manager to lead all of the public relations and corporate communication efforts for our products and Big Fish Games as a whole. The successful candidate will be living proof that the pen is mightier than the sword as they craft press releases, pitch media outlets and influencers, in addition to architecting narratives for our products and corporate roadmaps.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and executing AAA PR campaigns and securing national media coverage. Bonus points if they also have experience managing events and designing influencer and social strategies for the gaming industry. This position reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing and is based at Big Fish Games headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
- Design the communications plan for each product launch and ensure it is seamlessly integrated into the brand marketing campaigns
- Draft all press releases and media alerts for Big Fish Games corporate and product initiatives
- Collaborate with the broader Aristocrat PR team on corporate communication strategies
- Network with press and influencers in the mobile, technology, and entertainment space to help secure premium placements and coverage
- Spearhead the planning and execution of press and influencer events (junkets, studio tours, VIP visits, trade shows, etc.)
- Work effectively with both internal cross-functional teams and external agencies
- Develop metrics to help measure ROI and present regular updates on external communications activities to senior leadership
- Manage internal communications and corporate messaging
- Partner with the HR and recruiting team on designing better corporate outreach and recruitment programs
- Passion for mobile games—prior experience in gaming is required
- Minimum 8 years of directly relevant experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Stellar written/verbal communication skills with examples of prior press releases, pitches, or corporate profiles
- Strong business acumen, team-oriented/collaborative, and an ability to leverage data to justify programs/ideas
- Self-starter; ability to take charge and thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience and credibility as a communicator in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships are strong plusses
- Knowledge of when to push and when to back down and be a team player
- Ability to lift people up and coach/mentor others
- Prior knowledge of the mobile or social casino space
- Experience developing influencer and social strategies
- Pre-existing relationships with key members of the press and influencers
- Track record of being able to thrive in an environment with multiple stakeholders in different regions
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.