Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games. Our titles continuously land us at the top of app store charts. We’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its unique style of gameplay. We’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer with a Security focus who will be responsible for designing, maintaining, supporting and evaluating network and network security solutions for Big Fish. In this role, you will be directly responsible for Big Fish’s globally distributed networks, in concert with the operations team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a progressive and sometimes unconventional network engineering team. The team solves business problems in a reliable and scalable way, automating as much as they can along the way. The candidate will enjoy this small collaborative team but also work individually on business or operations projects, seeing them through to completion. The candidate will be expected to impart technical recommendations where needed and be expected to contribute to the team's overall technical competency.
- Contributes to short and long-term planning to meet network and network security requirements
- Facilitates efforts to establish and review network and network security architectures, standards, and best practices for network and network security design and implementation
- Analyzes and provides solutions for capacity issues
- Executes regularly planned maintenance and testing activities. Ensures network infrastructure is fully compliant with security guidelines.
- Develops and executes infrastructure automation tasks via Ansible, Python and other frameworks as needed
- Stays current on network and security technology by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Monitors network usage, anticipates problems and suggests solutions
- Identifies issues with network and network security management tools
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors
- Reports network operational status by gathering and prioritizing data
- Provides Tier III escalation support for network and network security incidents to diagnose problems and resolve time-critical issues
- Take part in 24-7 on call rotation
- Gather data to support root cause investigation of outages
- Documents architectures, processes, as-built, projects, standards, and root cause analyses both in text and diagram form
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of installation standards and procedures
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes
- Manages projects under supervision
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 6+ years of experience as a Network Engineer or Network Security Engineer
- Fundamental routing knowledge, including BGP and OSPF
- Fundamental security knowledge, including firewalls, packet-filtering, Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW)
- Experience in creatively solving business needs and problems
- Strong networking skills; in-depth knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Understanding of Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) mitigation
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Virtualization
- Experience with at least two operating systems: Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX
- Ability to capture, read and diagnose IP packet captures in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in network design, provisioning, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and write scripts in Python, Bash or other scripting language
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform in a quickly changing environment
- Excellent technology analysis, communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interface with and manage vendor relationships
- Willingness to work in a culture of change management
- Willingness to work on a small and creative team that enjoys a cooperative and collaborative environment
- Drive and willingness to innovate automation at the network layer
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Cisco ACI
- Experience with F5 BigIP: LTM, AVR, ASM, GTM, ScaleN and DDOS mitigation architectures
- Experience with Load Balancers (F5 BigIP is a plus)
- Experience and/or implementation of 802.1x based Network Access Control (NAC) on wired and wireless
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!