Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
The Senior Network Security Engineer works directly with internal teams to determine and implement application/network security requirements, designs and maintains network security infrastructure, and responds to security incidents.
- Works with internal customers to interpret/clarify/implement change requests on security devices; primarily firewalls, IDS/IPS and WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Troubleshoots security related issues: firewalls, IDS/IPS, segmented network infrastructure, multiple security zones, etc.
- Strong understanding of common network protocols: UDP/TCP, DNS, SSL, TLS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH, etc.
- Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Maintains good working knowledge of VPN technologies and security protocols like IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, TACACS, EAP, LDAP etc.
- Designs and implements Cisco FirePower and Palo Alto firewalls
- Works with internal teams to determine WAF requirements; helps implement and troubleshoot policies
- Works with BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Works with Cisco Catalyst 9400, 9500, Cisco Nexus 5000, 9300, Cisco ASR Routers, and Cisco ACI
- Works with F5 Big-IP, F5 Virtual Edition (VE) and Viprion Load Balancers
- Implement and maintain 802.1x wired and wireless infrastructure
- Maintains Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC) and Palo Alto Panorama
- Maintains Cisco ISE and AAA systems
- Works on a shared ticket queue
- Works in an on-call rotation
- Creates and maintains network security documentation
- Evaluates and recommends solutions for short and long-term network capacity needs
- More than 6 years of network security experience
- B.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, STEM, or similar degree
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following firewall platforms: Cisco ASA/FirePower, Palo Alto, Check Point, etc.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS
- Always learning; willing to learn new technologies, processes and skills
- Ability to configure/troubleshoot intermediate features on switches and routers
- Able to automate, or learn how to automate, common tasks and/or gather statistics in a programmatic way
- Researches and evaluates network security products, and services.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, protocols and updates in the network and security fields
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates appropriate judgement and discretion
- Possesses strong professional and work ethics
- Demonstrates ownership, is a self-starter, and is motivated to get things done
- One or more vendor certifications for enterprise-level security platforms such as but not limited to CCNA, CCNP or CCIE in Security
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.