Welcome to the Syberia, Part 1
Search a mysterious estate and find a brilliant and mysterious inventor in Syberia, Part 1! Experience the first part of this incredible trilogy!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document contains a complete Syberia, Part 1 game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums
if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Chie
, and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
• When the game first starts press ‘New Game’ to play.
• This game only allows you to play one user at a time. If you select ‘New Game’, you will erase your current game.
• In the options menu you change the volume of various categories.
• There is a gallery of images from the game that you can view from the main menu.
• There are 4 types of cursors in the game: the speech cursor (1) for interacting with people. The movement cursor (2) for changing the scene. The inspect cursor (3) for viewing a scene more closely, and the use cursor (4) for interacting with objects and using inventory items.
• To open the inventory box press on the hand at the bottom of the screen.
• Select an object and then the hand button to equip it. When you use something it will use this object to interact with.
• When you have an object equipped it will show in the box in the right bottom corner.
• Select an object and then the eye button to inspect the item. This is how you can read information like a newspaper more than once.
• There is a phone at the top of the inventory that you can use to call the contacts. Select the name you want to call and press the send button. You cannot type in any numbers.
• There is a simple tutorial and help available if you select it when creating a new game.
Part 1 – Valadilene
• Pick up the ADVERTISTING BROCHURE (A).
• Move to the next room to the left (B).
• Talk to the child drawing in the corner and select all of the conversation topics (C).
• Return to the previous scene and inspect the counter (D).
• Pick up the RECEPTION BELL KEY (E).
• Use the KEY on the small man’s back (F).
• Press the red button (G).
• Select the luggage near the door (H).
• Talk to the owner (I) and select all of the conversation options.
• Walk to the end table behind the bed (J).
• Press on the FAX (K).
• Use the phone from your inventory and dial the Office.
• Exit the room to the left.
• Walk to the end of the hall and then go down the stairs.
• Talk to the man (L) behind the desk again and press on “Mission” to get the next fax.
• Talk again and press on all of the topics one by one.
• Move to the other half of the room.
• Pick up the SMALL AND LARGE COGWHEELS on the ground (M).
• Inspect the desk (N).
• Pick up the TINY AND MEDIUM COGWHEELS on the desk.
• Exit the hotel to the left.
• Follow the path down to the main street.
• Go to the right from the main street and talk to the man on the bench (O).
• Return to the left and go to the left two more times.
• Inspect the automaton to the left of the door (P).
• Pull the lever on the middle of his chest (1).
• Place the 2nd FAX from your inventory in his hand (2).
• Pull the lever to the right (3).
• Enter the door.
• Move to the other side of the room.
• Enter the door on the left and then sit in the right seat (Q) to hear more story information.
• Press outside the letter to dismiss it.
• Collect the TELESCOPIC KEY from the coat rack (R).
• Exit the room and then the house.
• Walk to the right and then inspect the door on the right.
• You may get a phone call during the walk. Stop walking to answer the phone.
• Inspect the door (S).
• Use the TELESCOPIC KEY on the automaton at the top of the door (1).
• Turn the key at the bottom of the door (2) and then pull the lever in the middle to open it (3).
Part 2 – Secret Path
• Go through the door to the next junction.
• Walk to the right of the fountain then approach the house.
• Go to the right of the house and then go right two more times to get to the hedge maze.
• Talk to the gardener once and then go to the left.
• Walk down the path and then take the first gate on the right (T).
• Inspect the fountain and take the VORALBERG KEY.
• Trace back your path until you are outside the maze again.
• Inspect the ladder (U) on the side of the house and use the VORALBERG KEY on it.
• Inspect it again after the animation is finished and use the ladder to climb to the top of the mansion.
• Walk to the left and inspect the desk (V).
• Take the INK and the DIARY once you are finished reading it.
• Walk to the right three times.
• Turn on the light bulb (W)
• There is a mammoth drawing that you can inspect (X).
• Return to the room that you first entered and meet Momo again.
• Talk to Momo and receive the PAPER AND PENCIL.
• Return to the mammoth drawing and use the PAPER AND PENCIL on it.
• Give the copied mammoth drawing to Momo.
• A cut scene will show you where Momo’s secret place is - to the west of the hotel. Climb down the ladder and go there.
• Enter the gate and follow the path up the stairs to find Momo.
• Talk to Momo and ask him all of the topics on the list.
• Go up the stairs twice (Y) and then try to pull the handle to the dam (Z).
• Return to Momo and ask him about “Help”.
• Momo will push the lever for you and drain out the water.
• Return to Momo and go north (A).
• Follow the path into the cave and go to the end of the cave path.
• Pick up the MAMMOTH DOLL on the ground (B).
• Exit this area and return to the fountain junction.
• You will receive a phone call in the scene where Momo was; stop to listen to the cut scene.
Part 3 – Factory
• When you reach the fountain, go northwest. Travel down the path.
• Pull the lever in the next area and send the barrel inside (C).
• Return to the fountain and go left.
• Move forward two times and enter the factory.
• Walk to the left two screens and you will receive another phone call, this time from your mother.
• Zoom in on the machine in the center (D) and pull the lever to move the barrel.
• Enter the office (E).
• Walk to the back of the office (F) and pull the lever to lower Oscar down (1).
• Talk to Oscar (2) about all the subjects on his list. He will give you the PUNCH CARD when you ask about production.
• Exit the room and go all the way back to the entrance. Then go to the right towards the machines.
• Walk again to the right and then go inside the door.
• Go to the other side of the room; pull the Chain (1) and then pull the lever (2).
• Exit the room and go back to the entrance again. Go up the stairs.
• Go through the door and towards the right.
• Inspect the desk and look at all of the papers on the desk (G).
• Walk up the stairs again.
• Inspect the control panel (H).
• Put the PUNCH CARD in the control panel (1) and then pull the lever to the right under the number three (2).
• Pull the lever on the left 3 times (3) and then the lever to the right of the punch card 1 time (4).
• Walk down the stairs and go to the right.
• Go down to inspect the machines, and take the LEGS (I).
• Use the LEGS on Oscar (J) in the workshop and he will leave.
Part 4 – Train Station
• Return to the fountain and go to the northeast.
• Go north three times and then walk to the train.
• Enter the door on the train and talk to Oscar about the “Mission”.
• Exit the train and talk to Oscar at the ticket booth (K). Talk again about your “Mission”.
• You will receive a TICKET and a TRAIN RELEASE FORM.
• Return to town and the notary’s office.
• Go to the desk in the back of the office.
• Use the TRAIN RELEASE PERMIT on the table (1).
• Press the hat on the stamping automaton to open it (2).
• Use the INK in the automaton below the hat (3).
• Press the button at the bottom (4) and take the STAMPED RELEASE FORM.
• Try to give the STAMPED RELEASE FORM and the TICKET to Oscar inside the train.
• Return to the town and follow this path until you are over the bridge, outside town at the church.
• Enter the church grounds and go to the right where you will receive a call from work.
• Follow the path and go inside the church from the rear.
• Move to the other side of the room and inspect the altar (L).
• Move the crucifix and take the KEY behind it.
• Inspect the drawers on the others side of the room (M).
• Use the KEY on the lock in the drawers and take the 3 CARDS from inside the top two and bottom drawers.
• Open the 3rd drawer and pull the lever to the right (N). Collect the VORALBERG KEY and the priest’s NOTE.
• Exit the church and go back one scene.
• Inspect the control panel near the elevator (O).
• Use the TINY COG (1), SMALL COG (2), MEDIUM COG (3) and LARGE COG (4) on the pegs and then pull the lever (5).
• Enter the elevator.
• Move to the other side of the room and inspect the automaton (P).
• Use the PURPLE CARD on the automaton to unlock the lock in the cemetery.
• Return to the front of the church and go to the left, following the path to the crypt.
• Inspect the hat (Q) and use the VORALBERG KEY on the hat (R).
• Go inside the crypt and follow the path to the end.
• Inspect the coffin of Hans (S) and take the VOICE CYLINDER and the GAZETTE.
• Return to Anna’s office upstairs in the factory.
• Inspect the bookshelf. Pull the second book from the right to reveal a secret compartment (T).
• Take the MUSIC CYLINDER and then use the VOICE CYLINDER on the machine (U).
• After the cut scene, take the TOY and the CYLINDER (U).
• Return to the train.
• Enter the train and walk past Oscar and down the hall.
• Inspect the cabinet to the left (V) and place the two CYLINDERS on the pedestals (W).
• Place the TOY on the center pedestal of the room (X).
• Place the MAMMOTH on the box to the right (Y).
• Exit the room and give your TICKET to Oscar again; he will refuse to take it again.
• Exit the train and go to the platform on the right.
• Walk to the bottom of the screen.
• Turn the wheel at the bottom of the screen (A) and then pull the lever (B).
• Once you have finished, turn the wheel again (A).
• Go back to the train and give your TICKET to Oscar for the last time.
• Congratulations! You finished the Syberia: Part I!
Created at: 2012-02-28